Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
2018-buick-regal-gs.jpg

2018-buick-regal-gs.jpg

This is the China market regal but I cant image our version will look much different, if at all.

2018 Buick Regal GS Leaked For Chinese Market | GM Authority

Update:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a10328974/2018-buick-regal-gs

300+hp NA, AWD, no manual.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
2018-buick-regal-gs.jpg

2018-buick-regal-gs.jpg

This is the China market regal but I cant image our version will look much different, if at all.

2018 Buick Regal GS Leaked For Chinese Market | GM Authority

I like it. Very sporty looking.

They really need to put some power behind one of these. It is a shame they won't.
And this is why I don't think I could ever buy one.

Kick the grandfathers to the curb like they did with the Grand Nationals and T-Types. They've fallen into the same trap they were in before.

This is begging for a great AWD TTV6 setup. I saw AWD because its a transverse layout so RWD isn't really an option. But I could embrace a RWD TTV6.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
This is begging for a great AWD TTV6 setup. I saw AWD because its a transverse layout so RWD isn't really an option. But I could embrace a RWD TTV6.

I don't know, seems like full sized sedans with transverse setups don't work out as well as the smaller platforms do. And it's GM, so....

As much as I hate this transverse mounted FWD-based stuff, this seems like a decent successor to the current GS. It could use more power though. 310hp 6-cylinder is more than a bit underwhelming.

Hopefully they don't try to make an SS successor out of this. I'd like it if they let that nameplate die as the "failure" it is currently. Don't wholesale downgrade it and then start caring about it, GM.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The 2018 Buick Regal GS Is The 310 HP Sporty Luxury Hatchback America Needs

We heard rumors that the 2018 Regal GS would get a 310 horsepower V6 and an eight-speed auto. It turns out, the first part of those rumors is true: the engine, a 3.6-liter V6, does indeed make 310 ponies and also produces 282 lb-ft of torque.

That power, contrary to the second part of the whispering we heard, gets sent through a nine-automatic, which then moves that power through a standard all-wheel drive system with an “active twin clutch” rear differential.

So sure, the new $39,990 2018 Buick Regal GS Sportback doesn’t have a manual like the last one did (to be fair, Buick dropped that in 2015), and even if it does have 51 more horsepower, it’s still less powr than the cheaper Ford Fusion Sport.

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
hmm I gotta say I don't really like it that much and I like the current one a lot. Looks too much like other cars and not very buick on the exterior at all. That powerplant is superb for a standard car. I think a GS should have something a little more spicy if they're gonna call it a gs. Not that 310 is low but you can get in that club in almost anything mid size and up now

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
I would say thats a good thing.

It's kinda doing away with the last nuance of recognizable branding that distinguishes the product in a pretty saturated market. Buick has already gone through a pretty wild change of direction in recent years and it was a good move. This isn't that though - this looks like a sell out/sabotage to me
*I reserve the right to change my mind about that at any moment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info