Ford getting sued, dual clutch Transmission

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
who buys a small car like a fiesta or focus with an auto thats the real fail here.

Someone who daily drives 120 a day . The Powershift gets better mileage too .

Mine started making noise at 2,000 and failed at 29,000 . When the trans is working like it should , it shifts fine and no problems .

I need to get rid of the car before warranty expires . (Which is very soon)

DO NOT BUY ANY FIESTA OR FOCUS WITH THIS P.O.S. TRANS .

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Someone who daily drives 120 a day . The Powershift gets better mileage too .

Mine started making noise at 2,000 and failed at 29,000 . When the trans is working like it should , it shifts fine and no prpblems .

I need to get rid of the car before warranty expires . (Which is very soon)

DO NOT BUY ANY FIESTA OR FOCUS WITH THIS P.O.S. TRANS .

so your saying yourself the cars better off with a manual despite the commute. once your on the highway how often do you shift? never.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
My fiesta is a nice car I enjoyed it . Except for the p.o.s. fake auto trans that shouldn't have failed .

If I could do it all over again , I would have bought a manual trans and drove the fiesta into the ground till it had many many miles. .

But I'm now stuck with trading this thing in for something else , before the trans fails again when it's out of warranty . Which I didn't want to do , because now I'll have to start another car payment with a different car .

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
Imagine buying a brand new car , and in seven months the trans fails . That's what happened to me .

I actually got stuck in the parking lot of American Bar when TCG had the Fast and Furious 7 event , because of the trans failing . Lol

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I hate to tell you but it won't get any better. I went through two clutch replacements and a trans rebuild with multiple visits for updates for the TCM. Never helped.

yeah I regrounded the TCM and they reprogrammed it. So far so good. Part of me wants to get rid of it but the Wife loves the car. She commutes to Chicago and back 70 miles every day. I now really wish I had pushed harder for her to get the Mazda2 which is the same car but without the powershit. Sitting right at like 110k miles just going to drive it into the ground then maybe I can swap a manual into it and track it ;)

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
knew youd come around one day im so proud. :bigthumb:
The argument that driving in traffic, commuting or long distances is weak when choosing an auto over a manual. I drove a fuck ton when living in illinois and never once wished for an auto. I've also driven 3K in a week while on vacation and I'd of killed myself in such a boring auto car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info