Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Camaro ZL1 1LE Price

Lkj74U6.jpg

With a base price slightly over $60,000, the 650-hp Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 is a bargain in the performance-car world. Only Dodge's Hellcat twins offer similar power for the money, but the Camaro is a much nicer handling car. Chevy just announced today that the track-focused 1LE package for the 2018 Camaro ZL1 will cost $7500, bringing the total price up to $69,995.

A $70,000 Camaro might sound ridiculous at first, but actually, it's a good deal for the hardware you get. Opting for the 1LE package swaps out the regular ZL1's magnetic dampers for Mutlimatic's genius spool-valve units, which are being used to devastating effect in the new Colorado ZR2. Elsewhere, you'll find these shocks in the old Camaro Z/28, the new Ford GT, and on F1 cars.

These dampers might be worth the $7500 alone, but the ZL1 1LE also gets downforce-generating aerodynamic bits, including a new front splitter, dive planes, and a giant rear wing. The ZL1 1LE's weight is also reduced by 60 pounds, thanks to a fixed rear seat and a thinner rear window. Completing the package is a new set of forged alloy wheels wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires larger than those in the stock ZL1.

And don't forget, at $70,000, the new Camaro ZL1 1LE is $5000 cheaper than the old Camaro Z/28, which only produced 505 hp. The ZL1 1LE makes 650 hp from its supercharged 6.2-liter V8.

Chevy is only offering the ZL1 1LE as a coupe with a six-speed manual transmission, unlike other ZL1 models. If you want it, you'll have to tick the box for the "ZL1 1LE Extreme Track Performance Package" on the order form.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
no but its still not a horrible deal to those who can afford it. What do you want it to cost? the same as the regular ZL1? Just extra parts on the car for free?

ZL1 is overpriced too.

For me, I know I can't leave my fun car stock. Im also only interested in going fast in a straight line. This hillbilly ass car is cool, but not 70k cool.

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
Nice deal! But hell of an ugly wing!

When will people get off this? It isn't a 2004 fwd civic with a huge plastic wing. People on here swing off the viper acr's nuts, but when a vette or camaro have a wing it becomes ugly? It's functional and there for a reason, not just to look all fast and furious.

Seems like a comparable price to the hellcat and it handles way better.

Also rofl to anyone who bought that ELR Caddy. Bunch of idiots

Again, everyday I realize more and more how much of a dodge nutswingers ball this site seems to be sometimes. People here can't say enough cool things about the hellcat, yet this car is better and the same price. If there is a hillbilly car, it would certainly be the hellcat, not this. What cool Ford GT and F1 dampers does the hellcat have for the same price?

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
When will people get off this? It isn't a 2004 fwd civic with a huge plastic wing. People on here swing off the viper acr's nuts, but when a vette or camaro have a wing it becomes ugly? It's functional and there for a reason, not just to look all fast and furious.

I get its functional...I just think they're ugly! Don't like it on the Viper ACR, don't like it on the Vette, don't like it on this, and I don't like it on the 2000 Cobra R.

I'd rather see an active spoiler, like Porsche, to try and balance function and good looks.

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
I get its functional...I just think they're ugly! Don't like it on the Viper ACR, don't like it on the Vette, don't like it on this, and I don't like it on the 2000 Cobra R.

I'd rather see an active spoiler, like Porsche, to try and balance function and good looks.

Sure, active spoiler. How much does said Porsche cost that has the active spoiler? Is it anywhere close to $70k?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info