Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I gotta say, that wing (at least w/ the camo) looks ridiculous. And you might say "but mike, the viper had a giant wing!" and yes it did...but I felt it at least flowed with the car and the ACR wasnt something new...this just looks out of place.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Wing is awful. It is supposed to be a "street car" as well. Will it be cool, yes.

Just going more towards the fast and the furious side of things here.

It's about as fast and furious as the Viper ACR is. While it has yet to prove itself I'm going to guess that with an aero package like that it's targeting the ACR. It's just too bad the viper is out of production.

GM makes lower key vetts if that's what you want.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
It's about as fast and furious as the Viper ACR is. While it has yet to prove itself I'm going to guess that with an aero package like that it's targeting the ACR. It's just too bad the viper is out of production.

GM makes lower key vetts if that's what you want.

I've been there. My guess it will be "ACRish" as well.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The C7Z has been reported by just about every mag to be too much engine for the chassis. An aero kit that provides the downforce needed to plant that car may be a HUGE boon on track.

People don't really talk about the regular or base versions of cars 10-15-20 years on. Its always the special cars they talk about. Something like the Viper ACR is going to be regarded forever, despite not selling well. It was literally a street legal race car. And because of that no compromise design, its going to be famous forever.

If the new ZR1 is of the same breed it own't matter how well it sells, because it will be a halo car. GM needs to take that car out to the tracks and beat the ACR's lap times. They do that, and the ZR1 will secure its place.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info