2018 Navigator has Raptor motor and trans

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
This is just speculation, it'll have some sort of twin turbo EcoBoost V6, but I think it'll be a larger displacement version than the 3.5. If you look at the F-150 and Expedition, they "only" make like 365-375. Lincoln has been putting bigger/better engines in their versions. Could this be a 3.7 or 4.0 liter V6? Something they could eventually put into a Super Duty?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
svstz.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Little blurb under the first picture.

I've read another that assumes it's the Raptor's based on the power output only, but they reached out to Lincoln and couldn't confirm

What the release doesn’t say is whether or not this SUV’s 450 horsepower twin-turbo V6 is indeed the same hardware as what’s in the Raptor, which fits that description and claimed output. There’s got to be something good going on under the hood, because a standard Expedition is only rated to 365 horsepower and the 3.5 EcoBoost engine in a regular F-150 is just a hair higher at 375.

I’ve reached out to Ford to ask for specifics, and we’ll publish updates as we get them

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
About time FoMoCo did something to make their vehicles competitive with their GM competition. However that will be short lived as GM is readying their new T2XX Full Size pickups, which means T2Y's (what I am guessing they will be named) full -size SUV's are not too far behind to replace the current K2Y's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info