First (?) good listen of the upcoming Corvette ZR1

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
You can hear the supercharger whine in the Camaro, no hint in the Corvette. To me, the Corvette doesn't sound supercharged at all...could be intake noise, but that's a lot of intake noise IMO

You'd be amazed at how quiet they can make them by tuning the induction system. My V's was all but nearly inaudible unless you actually made a point to listen for it. Once I ditched the OEM intake of death, You can now hear it scream away.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
You'd be amazed at how quiet they can make them by tuning the induction system. My V's was all but nearly inaudible unless you actually made a point to listen for it. Once I ditched the OEM intake of death, You can now hear it scream away.

Huh, yeah been watching videos of the C7 Z06, and there's not much hint of blower whine (figured it would be similar to the ZL1), but if the ZR1 is supposed to be more powerful, you'd figure they'd be opening up the intake and turning the boost up, no?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Most people who can afford a ZR1 probably push 70 (you know the stereotypical Vette owner from the Corvette forum), and will lock them away in their garage. :D They don't want no noise.

The young, brash Camaro owners though. They're a bunch of unsophisticated heathens... :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info