Head 2 Head: BMW M2 vs Camaro V6 1LE

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
How the fuck is this a fair test? At least use the SS 1LE seeing as it's still cheaper than an M2
If you watched it they say why....

It's because the v8 SS spanked the BMW around so badly that they had to get the V6 to make it somewhat of a close comparison.... The V6 Camaro was only .92 slower then the v8 M2 around the track.

IMO that makes the Camaro the true winner.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry

It's because the v8 SS spanked the BMW around so badly that they had to get the V6 to make it somewhat of a close comparison.... The V6 Camaro was only .92 slower then the v8 M2 around the track. The

No doubt the 1LE SS and now this V6 1LE camaros deliver solid track numbers. It's not just BMW that is getting beat in these comparisons.

But the reality is you're driving a Camaro while the other person is in a BMW, in which case a winner is not you.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
No doubt the 1LE SS and now this V6 1LE camaros deliver solid track numbers. It's not just BMW that is getting beat in these comparisons.

But the reality is you're driving a Camaro while the other person is in a BMW, in which case a winner is not you.

Being a brand snob doesnt mean so much when the little chevy just whipped your ass.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
I'm sure you could tell the guy in the camaro that, problem is you couldn't catch up to tell him.

That is if they were actually on a track. Most likely I'd follow the trail of car show glitter and auto bot stickers to the nearest car show and look for the pulsing led light under hood show where I'm sure I'll find al the other late gen camaros gathered.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL

It's because the v8 SS spanked the BMW around so badly that they had to get the V6 to make it somewhat of a close comparison.... The V6 Camaro was only .92 slower then the v8 M2 around the track.

Oh ok. I didn't even want to watch it because I think the comparison is dumb. That M2 is probably 25k more than the Camaro.
That is if they were actually on a track. Most likely I'd follow the trail of car show glitter and auto bot stickers to the nearest car show and look for the pulsing led light under hood show where I'm sure I'll find al the other late gen camaros gathered.
Sadly, this is so very true. Lol

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
That is if they were actually on a track. Most likely I'd follow the trail of car show glitter and auto bot stickers to the nearest car show and look for the pulsing led light under hood show where I'm sure I'll find al the other late gen imports gathered.

Fixed, since it seems you're a little out of the loop......or going to some really ghetto car shows

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The V6 in the new Camaro is goooooooood. Think of it more of a 370Z competitor and not a 3400 V6 Fbody, which I know is hard. I've ran 13.4-13.5s in a 3.6 Camaro and it drives as well as the V8. Perhaps a little better because of less weight over the nose.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
The V6 in the new Camaro is goooooooood. Think of it more of a 370Z competitor and not a 3400 V6 Fbody, which I know is hard. I've ran 13.4-13.5s in a 3.6 Camaro and it drives as well as the V8. Perhaps a little better because of less weight over the nose.

Makes sense.
I'll take your word for it as you're the car guru extraordinaire with test drives and info galore.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info