[HOLD UP] The 6th Gen Camaro Z28 to come with 700 NA HP?!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Thats right....C&D is speculating the Z28 will get GM's new smallblock.

A New Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Is Still Coming, Here's What We Know | News | Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

But do not count the Z/28 dead. To the contrary, Chevy is patiently saving its most vaunted muscle-car badge for the next bullet: a Camaro with 700 or more naturally aspirated horsepower and a chassis capable of spanking the other pony cars at the road course of their choosing. Getting there will take a few more months. It remains a distinct possibility that the Z/28 could use a 750-ish-hp version of the supercharged pushrod small-block V-8 slated for the 2018 C7 Corvette ZR1. But tantalizingly, as we speak, GM engine dynos already are revving the latest and what should be the greatest small-block V-8 ever conceived. Breaking cleanly from Ed Cole’s 1950s brilliance, the coming LT6 and LT7 designs finally will dispense with pushrods and two-valve combustion chambers.

We’re expecting this new engine family to combine aluminum block and head construction, dual overhead camshafts, four-valve combustion chambers, direct (possibly in combination with port) fuel injection, titanium connecting rods, and a flat crankshaft, with approximately 5.5 liters of displacement to produce the target power. Need we remind you that most of those specs also fit a bored-and-stroked Ferrari 458 Italia V-8? Peel your ears to hear Pavarotti serenading from heaven. The twin-turbo LT7 version will trade some of the exhaust aria for additional power, à la Ferrari 488GTB.

These engines eventually will power the Camaros and Corvettes of your dreams as well as the hottest Cadillacs in GM’s arsenal. We’re estimating the sequence could begin with a Z/28 for the 2019 model year and continue with the C8 Corvette Z06 shortly thereafter. Cadillac will join the fray on its own schedule to run with BMW Ms, Mercedes-AMGs, Porsche Panameras, and the like. You heard it here first.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
tibs.gif

The 5.5L speculation has been around since before the LT1 dropped because the ALMS limited it's displacement and Corvette Racing had to build a 5.5L V8 to race. A 700 horse N/A 5.5L??? Lolz.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
:rofl: 700hp ALLLLL MOTOR and a 90 bajillion price tag if the 500hp 5th gen for 75k was any indication.

2nd thought is the 700 hp ALL MOTOR would be fucking epic!

More hp than the Ford GT with out any boost and more HP than the hellpigs without any boost.

:cough: :cough: as much as i think GM over prices shit this is going to be :wackit: and make the other 2 domestics look Amature using boost to make the HP. :rofl:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
So the Z28 is is going to jump from a 505hp, n/a, track monster to a 700hp, supercharged track car? When the have the ZL1 & ZL1 1LE? Sounds kind of a bad move. I would like to see the z28 stay n/a. I guess we will have to see what happens.

Huh? no 700 hp NA dohc engine

" Camaro with 700 or more naturally aspirated horsepower "

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Ok so serious question.

Is it even worh modding vehicles anymore i mean look at the domestic offerings

Camaro SS Camaro 1LE Camaro ZL1 1LE

Mustang 5.0 Mustang Gt350 Ford GT

Dodge Hellpig Dodge Demon soon. + Challenger and Charger SRT packages

Jeep Trailhawk

Corvette stingray Corvette ZO6 Corvette Grand Sport

A guy might as well pick whatever the heart desires and pony up the payment. Beat on it and still smile with a warranty.

I know im missing quite a few trim lines or available configurations but holy hell this is HP Mecca.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Ok so serious question.

Is it even worh modding vehicles anymore i mean look at the domestic offerings

Camaro SS Camaro 1LE Camaro ZL1 1LE

Mustang 5.0 Mustang Gt350 Ford GT

Dodge Hellpig Dodge Demon soon. + Challenger and Charger SRT packages

Jeep Trailhawk

Corvette stingray Corvette ZO6 Corvette Grand Sport

A guy might as well pick whatever the heart desires and pony up the payment. Beat on it and still smile with a warranty.

I know im missing quite a few trim lines or available configurations but holy hell this is HP Mecca.
Of course it's worth modding. A lot of people can go out and buy a fast car that looks just like the other butthole on the other side of the street. But modding, creating and putting together a car makes it truly your car. It may be faster or slower. But there won't be another like it except maybe the next state over. Another reason I have kept my modded Mercury Marauder.

But factory power is awesome though.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Its not like it can't be done. Look at the Ferrari F12 TDF, and the new 812 Superfast.

800hp out of a N/A 6.5L V12.

GM has been doing it for years with nascar engines. The questions begs to be if they are willing to spend the dime on developing an engine they can warranty and meet emissions with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info