Chicago Auto Show - Dodge Daytona Test Drive

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Anyone else go in the challenger or the charger?? I found a couple videos of the ride along on their "test track". Seemed lame, but we waited in line anyway. We went yesterday by the way.

Well let me tell you. The guy driving the charger that we went in, did the acceleration demo from WOT to ABS. I was scared for my life. He was a fucking mad man. Nothing like the promo videos I saw. Im telling you it was stand on the gas, then screaching to a halt before we all crashed to our deaths. What a great little run.

They were hooning on the challenger too same way. I could hear the front brakes starting to make noise on the charger when they would bring it around on the first curve when you were watching from the outside.

We also did the jeep drive experience and the dodge truck one too. All very cool. Longest we waited was about 45 minutes for the charger/challenger ride. I never did this at the auto shows before. All in all it was a great time. I was able to take all three of my kids in every ride along accept our little guy was not able to ride in the charger. He was too short. The wife was bored as expected...

And the challenger they used was basically a carbon copy of my car.

4D67F2C7-4CF1-4904-9005-AADE5A8B65C1_zpsqqeysesn.jpg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Every time I heard the scat pack get on it I wanted to leave right then and go to the dealer. The wife was laughing, she knows I want a scatpack charger (and also knows I won't buy one, hence the laughing).

Sounded sick, but I didn't have the patience to wait in line

I heard that from across the convention center when we walked in, and I knew it was the dodge driving thing. It was awesome to hear them roar. And there is no denying the charger is HOT. I really agonized over that car, but ultimately decided I did not want a sedan. But it was almost a toss up.

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
We were there yesterday also. Was an hour wait for the Dodge acceleration event so we just did the truck climb right next to it and got the free t shirt..Those cars sounded wicked at W.O.T. Now that G mountain thing looked over the top cool..
On another thing that's annoying. How many of you guys waited to sit in a cool car like the Mustang GT350 only to wait because some parents let their 5 and 6 year old jump up and down on the seats and play car for an endless amount of time[emoji35]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info