Hellpigs have killed my dream car.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
RIP Viper.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cant-order-dodge-viper-anymore-171425758.html

Viper production will end in August and cannot be custom ordered anymore the allotments are full.

#1 must own before I die is a Orange Viper TA.

:tear:

Im pretty sure ending production has alot to do with dodges hellcat all the things direction, cost of the viper and slow demand.

Screw all that I still want a Viper over everything else on 4 wheels. In all its big NA V10 and no apologies glory.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
cfa7e4b2f66e1874d0bb9c2bf0ea2bb0.jpg

Automotive perfection.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
RIP Viper.

Viper production will end in August and cannot be custom ordered anymore the allotments are full.

Im pretty sure ending production has alot to do with dodges hellcat all the things direction, cost of the viper and slow demand.

Screw all that I still want a Viper over everything else on 4 wheels. In all its big NA V10 and no apologies glory.

I thought they're done because they didn't want to completely redesign them to comply with all the safety crap like window airbags and that shit?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
The ACR has always been kind of cool...American car, setting lap records. Kind of cool from a 'MURICA standpoint. But from everything I've read, it's HARD to drive at its limit. I had a brief stint in one, autocrossing at Skip Barber. It was fun and fast, no doubt, but I was no where near the limits of its abilities. It was small and uncomfortable, like what I've heard the old school Lambo's used to be like. It was definitely a niche vehicle, outperformed (in standard models) by many of it's European counterparts, better interior qualities in the Euro's, although it had price on its side. Just not enough apparently.

I'm sad to see it go, but it was its time.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
RIP Viper.

The Hellcat really didn't have much to do with it. The Viper was being killed due to safety regulations and low sales.

The Viper was by far and away Chrysler's best performance car. The Hellcat is simply a powerful motor, the Viper was the total package competing with the best sport cars in the world. It's sad to see it go.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The ACR has always been kind of cool...American car, setting lap records. Kind of cool from a 'MURICA standpoint. But from everything I've read, it's HARD to drive at its limit. I had a brief stint in one, autocrossing at Skip Barber. It was fun and fast, no doubt, but I was no where near the limits of its abilities. It was small and uncomfortable, like what I've heard the old school Lambo's used to be like. It was definitely a niche vehicle, outperformed (in standard models) by many of it's European counterparts, better interior qualities in the Euro's, although it had price on its side. Just not enough apparently.

I'm sad to see it go, but it was its time.

I never got the "hard to drive" stigma. I think a lot of that came from people with limited experience driving sport cars and not respecting the car. I spent a decent amount of time behind the previous gen Viper and it was fairly docile on the street.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I never got the "hard to drive" stigma. I think a lot of that came from people with limited experience driving sport cars and not respecting the car. I spent a decent amount of time behind the previous gen Viper and it was fairly docile on the street.

Yeah, I never got the street time in one, just autocross. I mean, it was fairly easy to drive...loads of grip, great brakes...I was young and ham fisted, so I got it to understeer :rofl: but I did get the ABS going. Great experience, just never really felt it was anything super special after that.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Yeah, I never got the street time in one, just autocross. I mean, it was fairly easy to drive...loads of grip, great brakes...I was young and ham fisted, so I got it to understeer :rofl: but I did get the ABS going. Great experience, just never really felt it was anything super special after that.

You'd probably have the same experience in most sports cars/super cars. Spending a small amount of time around an auto-cross course isn't giving you much seat time to get used to the car.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
RIP Viper.

Pft yaok!

You'd end up cross shoping the Viper and Vette. And we all know what you'd be driving home in...lol

"Vette was so much cheaper...blah blah blah! Fuck Dodge for pricing the Viper more than the Vette!"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info