aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
giphy.gif

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Yep its a 300a base car. Cool for those that only care about speed. Thats not me anymore.

Lebanon Ford Inc. | New Ford dealership in Lebanon, OH 45036

Also remember the banks are going to not care about this add-on. And the dealer will be looking for a huge over-advance on the loan. The LTV or loan to value is going to be way upside down and I have a feeling alot of cash will need to be put down to get approved on this car. That or 800 credit scores....or both.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Another issue I see is that assuming they are selling you the base car for sticker ($34,095 includes dest), then you are paying $11,405 for the hellion kit and a bassani exhaust installed. This is the stage one kit. The Stage two kit is the same $34,095 base car with a total of $49,995. This adds a boost a pump, 95lbs injectors, new half shafts and oil pump gears installed. Yeah not a good deal.

If they are selling you the base car for invoice minus rebates, then this is even more of a horrible deal for the stage one kit. Lets say you get $4k off between getting it for invoice and a small rebate. That means you are paying $15k for a hellion kit and a catback installed.....WHAT?

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
But let's face it. It's a good deal for someone who can't wrench, wants a modded Mustang but can afford to buy the car but can't afford to buy a kit and pay for labor down the road or is clueless as to where to take a Mustang to be built etc. Sure someone is paying a premium for this Mustang. But there are thousands who pay premiums for Z06, Shelby, Hellcat etc.

This also probably appeals to those who are tired of modding and fixing cars. They just want to buy a factory/dealer modded car with a warranty and all available features. And it's less than a Hellcat, Z06 etc. So I see the appeal. It's enticing me that's for sure.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Base car 33k hellion kit $8,999 bassani cat back $998 =42,997 doesn't seem like it's a bad deal it's not some blow out super cheap deal, the deal I got on my 16 came out a lot better

Now subtract sticker to invoice and rebates. Then where do you end up at? Probably at least $3k lower. Or more.

So go ahead and pay sticker for the base mustang. I'm sure that will get you lots of kudos on tcg. Time to unsub. Night everyone.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
some people would be willing to pay sticker or sticker plus to just walk into the dealer and drive away with a 600whp twin turbo car, no buying parts finding a shop to install all rolled into one loan, most car buyers don't find the best deal they just find the car they want and buy it, the blower deal for me seemed to work out pretty good I was 3999 over sticker for the 727 package and install, but it's just a junk close to base car, of course I just want a fast car to drive and don't care if the seats massage my balls, I've always bought base cars for my toy cars though, but I'd rather have an extra 300 hp than leather seats for the same price

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
some people would be willing to pay sticker or sticker plus to just walk into the dealer and drive away with a 600whp twin turbo car, no buying parts finding a shop to install all rolled into one loan, most car buyers don't find the best deal they just find the car they want and buy it, the blower deal for me seemed to work out pretty good I was 3999 over sticker for the 727 package and install, but it's just a junk close to base car, of course I just want a fast car to drive and don't care if the seats massage my balls while I drive, I've always bought base cars for my toy cars, but I'd rather have an extra 300 hp than leather seats for the same price

I'm the total opposite. I want all the toys and tech and I still want it to be fast. Doesn't need to run 9's, but someday it will run 10s. And doing that in a full weight challenger is going to feel great. Especially when I install the blower kit myself. I'm excited.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I'm sure you could haggle the dealer down from that 45k price. Who pays sticker for a car? Also, this package can be added to a premium car which is about 3k more.

In reality you could probably get a premium twin turbo GT for about the same price as a fully loaded Scat Pack. Hmm....

I would love to see the paperwork from that deal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info