1st 9 second ecoboost mustang.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I don't mind it at all, because the development they put into the Mustang EB will trickle into the Focus RS. :)

Full Boost is holding a stock RS at around 500whp for now until it blows up, or doesn't. But they have a built short-block in the wings when the stock block does go boom.

The shops really are the only ones that can afford to push until something explodes for the most part. So they help in the development a lot there.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Great accomplishment but I bet you won't see that out of a non-vendor car. Fully built bottom end, ported head, cams, big turbo, trans brake (not used on this run).

This car should be mid 10's soon and was all done in his garage and still a stock block. No crazy high dollar shit here..

First VTT Stage 2 in the 10's! Who's next! - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U1dtNKqWq8

Full Weight daily driver on E85 with a stock location bolt in replacement Vargas stage 2 turbo, totally stock block and heads, Circle D converter, DR's, Aux fueling, DP, exhaust, and CAI. Car did 10.99@124 with a weak 1.56 60' which is a stock Block record. He should be able to best that time soon with slicks and some suspension mods. I believe he is shooting for low 10's.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
This car should be mid 10's soon and was all done in his garage and still a stock block. No crazy high dollar shit here..

First VTT Stage 2 in the 10's! Who's next! - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U1dtNKqWq8

Full Weight daily driver on E85 with a stock location bolt in replacement Vargas stage 2 turbo, totally stock block and heads, Circle D converter, DR's, Aux fueling, DP, exhaust, and CAI. Car did 10.99@124 with a weak 1.56 60' which is a stock Block record. He should be able to best that time soon with slicks and some suspension mods. I believe he is shooting for low 10's.

My question is how much cam do they have stock in them? I don't see a cam listed in that mix.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
they all run the stock cam and some run a mild ported head. The top half of the motor doesn't allow for large cams due to the head and HPFP design. So to date all these cars are on some form of stock head with stock DI fuel systems. I've heard shops Like MA Performance have in the pipeline their own head that will have a traditional 4 port exhaust design and space for large cams and alternate HPFP setups so that will be interesting to see.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I think it's cool that these little 4 banger's can get that quick for "relatively" low cost. It also makes me sad that my old mod motor v8 was so slow with much more money into it :fu:

regardless of how quick these are until they do something about the exhaust sound I could never own one. God that sounds horrible!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think this engine has a strong following. The 4 cylinder market is strong with younger buyers. That is why Ford went this route with the Mustang, Fiesta and Focus. I can get being into modding an Ecoboost. The technology is there and the aftermarket continues to grow due to demands.

That being said, you have to put a lot of money into a Ecoboost Mustang to run as well as a GT. Like mentioned, guys are putting a "cheap" paxton kit on a GT and running 9's. This Ecoboost build had to cost more than a boosted GT.

I wouldn't own an ecoboost Mustang. But I can totally understand modding any car. I bought the 335i as a daily driver. With that 3.0 twin turbo, I have a filter kit and tune on the car less than I week of owning it. The mod bug is real when you have a turbo car. haha

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Not enough stock.
54152406.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info