Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Everything we know about the C7 Chevy Corvette ZR1 - Autoblog

What do you guys think is gonna be in it? Power? Track focused? Thoughts?

4ayJ2c6.jpg

9EUcV9e.jpg

G1zvITK.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I think it will be straight power. Unless they figure out some kind of cooling solution, I don't think it can be a track focused car. Didn't they have issues with the current gen Z06 overheating with heavy track use? I think the C6 ZR1 had cooling issues as well, maybe?They might as well throw 750hp at it and make it bonkers in a straight line. Just by design, the Vette will do well enough in the corners for pretty much everyone.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Wheel and tire package looks smaller diameter, which is what they did with the Z/28 to reduce unsprung weight. Might be a track-focused model also considering the huge, new intake ducts. But then they throw me off with a Hellcat and F-Type competitive set in the video, which are more touring than track.

7f15d8eff5246f52b429f1f9fa74-confused-jackie-chan.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I see what looks like wider fenders with brake cooling ducks down low.

I see a pedestal for a wing vs the normal wicker bill.

And a ton more camouflage.

If GM wanted to they could solve the cooling problems on the Z06 and other supercharged variants.

They did. I believe the fix was a different hood, supercharged cover, and small changes to the actual cooling system. Newer 2015-2016 models do not have an overheating issue now.

However GM said they would not retrofit older models with the fix for free..... da fuck?

Edit: correction the 2017 model will no longer have a cooling issue

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
They did. I believe the fix was a different hood, supercharged cover, and small changes to the actual cooling system. Newer 2015-2016 models do not have an overheating issue now.

However GM said they would not retrofit older models with the fix for free..... da fuck?

Time for class action lawsuit!

Track Ready BS.

Track Ready should be TRACK READY. Those words should never be used unless that can get beat on all day at a HPDE (not talking endurance racing, but HPDE stuff).

Basically 30 minutes on track, cool down time, 30 minutes again, rinse, repeat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info