EPA Abandons Proposal to Ban Converting Street Cars for Racing

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
they're already going after HP Tuners for that. Havent heard anything recently on it though

H&S and Edge caught the long dick of the EPA for that back around 2012... I'm sure they're looking for the next scapegoat by now. If they nuke HPT, EFI Live and SCT we're all fucked on the gas and diesel end. "hey, we can't ban your race cars, but, we'll make it impossible for you to tune them"

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
KILL THE FREE MARKET SO PEOPLE CAN'T BE FREE ANYMORE!!!!!1

I'll be so pissed at the world if somehow someone manages to shutdown all the tuner companies out there. Miserable.

I'm not concerned about not being able to get parts. Right after H&S shut down someone started making duplicates of the mini maxx and black maxx tuners with "bootleg" software. As long as the software can be shared, you'll be good. My concern is the ever increasing fines for having a truck with emissions disabled.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'm not concerned about not being able to get parts. Right after H&S shut down someone started making duplicates of the mini maxx and black maxx tuners with "bootleg" software. As long as the software can be shared, you'll be good. My concern is the ever increasing fines for having a truck with emissions disabled.

Quite frankly I am surprised you haven't seen a shut down tuner company's bits up on a torrenting web site near you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info