C7 Grand Sport Unveiled - Starts at $66,445

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
cm9nmmnujvhdvoi9pcrj.jpg

Chevy says this new Grand Sport has the supercharged Z06's chassis tuning and cooling combined with a 460 horsepower NA LT1 V8. All the goodies we love are here, like Brembo brakes and a magnetic ride suspension. It can also be had with the fantastic seven-speed manual or GM’s acceptable eight-speed automatic.

And for the first time ever, the Grand Sport can be had with the Z07 Performance Package, which adds carbon-ceramic brakes, Michelin Sport Cup 2 summer tires, and a carbon-fiber aero package.

All of that makes this Grand Sport a whole second faster than the old C6 ZR1 at GM’s Milford Proving Ground track.

I’ll take it.

The Corvette Z06 is an amazing machine, but its supercharged engine has had more than a few problems—particularly in the area of cooling. Is this Grand Sport a response to that, of sorts? I don’t know, but it’s a great way to bring back a storied nameplate that dates back to 1963 and has popped up on several Corvettes over the years.

Calling it now: this is the Corvette you want to buy. It seems very, very badass, and maybe even the most balanced Corvette in the family.

We’ll get more on this car today from the Geneva Motor Show. What, did you think the Corvette was gonna let all those high-falootin’ European cars have all the fun?

b4oxevvedd9x3s1fpmye.jpg

ouwbxnrokqccetcbwhsv.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
cm9nmmnujvhdvoi9pcrj.jpg

Chevy says this new Grand Sport has the supercharged Z06's chassis tuning and cooling combined with a 460 horsepower NA LT1 V8. All the goodies we love are here, like Brembo brakes and a magnetic ride suspension. It can also be had with the fantastic seven-speed manual or GM’s acceptable eight-speed automatic.

And for the first time ever, the Grand Sport can be had with the Z07 Performance Package, which adds carbon-ceramic brakes, Michelin Sport Cup 2 summer tires, and a carbon-fiber aero package.

All of that makes this Grand Sport a whole second faster than the old C6 ZR1 at GM’s Milford Proving Ground track.

I’ll take it.

The Corvette Z06 is an amazing machine, but its supercharged engine has had more than a few problems—particularly in the area of cooling. Is this Grand Sport a response to that, of sorts? I don’t know, but it’s a great way to bring back a storied nameplate that dates back to 1963 and has popped up on several Corvettes over the years.

Calling it now: this is the Corvette you want to buy. It seems very, very badass, and maybe even the most balanced Corvette in the family.

We’ll get more on this car today from the Geneva Motor Show. What, did you think the Corvette was gonna let all those high-falootin’ European cars have all the fun?

b4oxevvedd9x3s1fpmye.jpg

ouwbxnrokqccetcbwhsv.jpg

sweet. a slower z06 with carter babyfagblue everywhere. good job gm.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
cm9nmmnujvhdvoi9pcrj.jpg

b4oxevvedd9x3s1fpmye.jpg

ouwbxnrokqccetcbwhsv.jpg

sweet. a slower z06 with carter babyfagblue everywhere. good job gm.

I dont see the point of this car anymore. There is not a big enough price gap between the stingray and the Z06 now. Especially since you can now get a vert/auto Z06. There is no point for this car. The C6 GS was a niche car for those that wanted the Z06 body/hardware, but also wanted auto and removable top or vert. This is not an issue anymore. So it seems they are doing this car for nothing in my opinion.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I dont see the point of this car anymore. There is not a big enough price gap between the stingray and the Z06 now. Especially since you can now get a vert/auto Z06. There is no point for this car. The C6 GS was a niche car for those that wanted the Z06 body/hardware, but also wanted auto and removable top or vert. This is not an issue anymore. So it seems they are doing this car for nothing in my opinion.

More $$$ from the geriatrics that are scared of 640 HP. Makes perfect sense and they will sell an assload of them. I agree though, it fills a hole that doesn't exist. The Z51 is a more than capable track car. I was hoping for a high revving, larger displacement N/A engine that would be shared with the 6th gen Z/28 but as usual I'm underwhelmed by GM.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Pretty much seems like the same thing that they did with the C6. At first glace looks exactly like the Z06 without the power. I think some of the C6 ones actually had a 427 option though. All these different models confuse me.

Yellow Z06 with black rims or gtfo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info