Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Grain of salt for now, but I believe it.

Honda Civic Si Details Hit Forum, Point to a Spicier Si Lineup

The Si information published on CivicX.com reportedly comes from Honda fanatic savant “HondaPro Jason.” According to HondaPro Jason, the newest Civic Si models will go on sale later next year or in early 2017—they’ll be marketed as 2017 models—and will sport a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 220 to 230 horsepower.

This turbo unit is said to be a detuned version of the next-generation Type R engine, although it’s just as likely that the next Type R will sport an uprated Si engine. However you want to look at the relationship, it sounds as though the Si and Type R will use at least somewhat-related 2.0-liter engines.

It would make sense for Honda to put a turbo in the Si and to give it somewhere in the neighborhood of 220 horsepower to better compete with Volkswagen’s GTI.

HondaPro Jason’s information is typically correct (the man has connections), so while we approach this unconfirmed-by-Honda news with a degree of skepticism, we’re willing to give it some weight.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
idk if the lower hp means very much since the fans would likely play with the turbos and tuning and stuff. Seems anything that has a turbo in it can make X more hp with a tune only. Then we can start hearing about how fast they are while using the word stock as much as possible.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
To be honest, if the Si comes in slower than the ST I'll be very disappointed and I'll agree with you on that.

Thats what I'm saying. I'm sure it will be a great car but Honda always seems to develope things in a bubble without really comparing to the market they are getting into. When cars in that segment are making 250-280hp with turbo 4 cylinders then why not at least get up there a bit. Youre going to have more buyers cross shopping civic's with mazda3's and focus st's, not volkswagons typically. Hell, I could see civics si's being cross shopped with wrx's even.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info