Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Starting to get too high or no?

The 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat will start at $65,190, $4200 more than last year’s model, while the four-door Charger SRT Hellcat sees a $3650 bump to $68,640. Dodge says that newly standard navigation and leather seats represent a $2490 value baked into the new prices, but that still leaves a little extra meat on the bone for the corporate coffers.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
No matter how you cut it option wise or even base price ALL vehicle prices are getting out of control.

If you want to swallow a big ol fat price increase with a smile be my guest, Ill wait for someone to realize ohh fuck I cant afford this and buy it used with sub 20k miles on it LOL!!!

I'll take the 1 or 2 year old depreciation subtracted off the original MSRP too LOL!!

All vehicles are over priced IMO. Especially when they loose what 10k in the first year if not 2?

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
No matter how you cut it option wise or even base price ALL vehicle prices are getting out of control.

If you want to swallow a big ol fat price increase with a smile be my guest, Ill wait for someone to realize ohh fuck I cant afford this and buy it used with sub 20k miles on it LOL!!!

I'll take the 1 or 2 year old depreciation subtracted off the original MSRP too LOL!!

All vehicles are over priced IMO. Especially when they loose what 10k in the first year if not 2?

This will only work for some vehicles... There are still some vehicle that hold their resale very strong so interest rate and warranty wise it's better to buy new.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
This will only work for some vehicles... There are still some vehicle that hold their resale very strong so interest rate and warranty wise it's better to buy new.

Right for a Hellkitten I could see that being the better option especially if you planned on keeping it for a long time. And like others have said even if buying a Hellcat through the dealership are they still marked up?

What I was talking about would be much better off on the SRT or lower level trim Chargers/Challengers that are not so hard to find as a Hellcat.

Even with the resale and low interest rate I find it very hard to believe one would save going that route vs buying 1-2 years old and under 20k miles.

Mileage that low should still have a warranty and do you really think that a low interest rate is going to save more than the depreciation rate over a given year?

Like the 10k depreciation as an example anyone really going to save 10k off a low or 0% interest rate?

Let me know if someone finds ANY vehicle that has a 0% or low enough interest rate that can out run depreciation...............

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info