Cadillac's new V6 motors

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
that's true only because the people that buy those cars are paying to provide gm with r&d on high feature engines. the features that were great are kept others are reengineered and used in the next higher feature engine for the luxury segment. while other technologies trickle-down that are most beneficial to the company's overall CAFE rating and there's probably gunna be a large portion of bean counting for the bottom line.

SLOW SS

Rafi bomb!!!
Aug 7, 2012
yea, they tried that.....

hellllooooo northstar.... :bowrofl:

THIS^^^

Great another over engineered DOHC pile of shit from GM. I bet in 40k mi. it will need the top end taken apart for walnut shell blasting or cleaning for the carbon build-up problems that 99% of these Direct Injection motors have. I believe its Lexus that has dual injection (port inj. and direct inj.) so you get the additives and detergents in the fuel "washing" the intake ports and valves to help prevent carbon build-up.

SLOW SS

Rafi bomb!!!
Aug 7, 2012
The idea was there it was just poorly executed on gm's part....The 4100's had head gasket issues due to iron head aluminum block (which seems backwards to me) and the blocks were porous just like the N*...imo the only "decent" caddys in the 80's had a 307 or 350 and those were underpowered oil puffing slugs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info