"It'll kill the M3" The Cadillac ATS-V

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
....those some fightin' words...

"It'll kill the BMW M3." That's the totally original sentence that GM's Mark Reuss used to describe the Cadillac ATS-V. Nobody has ever tried to kill the BMW M3 before. No sir. And while we don't yet have full specs, we do have these: The first ever shots of the ATS-V Coupe. And it has the look to scare the shit out of the M3

The soft ATS coupe has become rock solid with the introduction of the ATS-V, which has a very CTS-V-esque front grille treatment, a wonderful — wonderful — hood scoop, quad pipes, and a rear deck spoiler that looks more tacked on than functional.

While we don't have official word on the powertrain yet, we do expect the ATS-V will be the first turbocharged Cadillac V car, with a version of the 3.6 liter twin turbo that is found in the CTS Vsport.

In that car, it makes 420 horsepower and 430 horsepower, which are similar numbers to the brand new BMW M3 and M4 twins. We'd expect that Cadillac will bump that up for the ATS-V, something about 450 horsepower feels right for this application.

Now, will it "kill" the M3 and M4? Many have tried, but nobody has ever murdered that car, since, y'know, it's still around.

We bet that it won't kill the M3 or M4, but it will be a valid contender from one of America's great brands. We can't wait to see it in person at the LA Auto Show and to drive it sooner than later.

avi9tp3bahrd4l4b1i4j.jpg

uyu35jg278mzwn1v7hcw.jpg

Cadillac ATS-V Coupe: This Is It

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I have no doubt they can make the ATS as fast as the M3/M4. The base car's dynamics are nearly spot-on with an comparable 3 Series. It's the whole luxury experience that the ATS will lack compared with the BMW.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I think it looks good for an ATS but if I'm cross shopping it against this...

2014-bmw-m3-sedan-front-three-quarters-view.jpg

or this...

iacoski_bmw_M4_F82_speculative_render_front-side_view_1200.jpg

Suddenly it's still looking as plain jane as the standard ATS.

GM has already proven it can make a car nearly as fast as BMW. The last Gen CTS-V was basically lock step with the V10 M5. The real differences are in the interior, overall drivability and the fact that most people spending this much money are vapid, shallow, insecure trolls (myself included) that aren't going to pay for a wreath. They want the roundel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info