Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
A R33? No. No one.

Currently, you can bring in a R32 (depending on build month). I have one connection in Cali that is doing the bulk of the importations currently.

You can get one from Canada, but need to do all the paperwork first. A guy did it the day (or week) the 25 year rule went into effect for the 89s.

The other process is finding a car in Japan (it MUST be factory stock) and then having an importer bring it, get the paperwork filed, and then you pick it up.

But the simple answer is no, there arent any "retailers" bringing the cars in.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
A R33? No. No one.

Currently, you can bring in a R32 (depending on build month). I have one connection in Cali that is doing the bulk of the importations currently.

You can get one from Canada, but need to do all the paperwork first. A guy did it the day (or week) the 25 year rule went into effect for the 89s.

The other process is finding a car in Japan (it MUST be factory stock) and then having an importer bring it, get the paperwork filed, and then you pick it up.

How much are we talking here? Lets say I know someone in Japan that can find one for me. Say it's totally stock and costs $5000 after currency conversion. How much additional fees (roughly) would you say there are to get the vehicle at a dock in Cali? Not including gas driving it back or delivered from Cali to Chicago.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:dunno: I mean you'd have to verify the build month first. Then find an importer, paperwork, etc.

I forget what I was quoted last year. 5-6k IIRC? The conversion rate fluctuates a decent amount too (or at least it was when I was looking last winter).

Finding a stock one that isnt beat to shit isnt as easy as it sounds either.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
FAP FAP FAP FAP
gallery_1569_106_271454.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info