đź“° Auto News Missy Elliot sueing IL Dealer (Fox Valley motorcars)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
LambOWNED

Missy Elliot Sues Dealership For Her Lamborghini Aventador

Missy Elliot traded in her 2005 Bentley and $30,000 last year to Fox Valley Motor Cars in Illinois as a down payment on a $376,000 matte white Aventador. She still doesn't have it, so she's filed a lawsuit.
The lawsuit contends that the dealership had agreed to ship her Lamborghini to Florida by mid-2012 reports, TMZ. When Missy Elliot contacted the Illinois dealership, they refused to ship the car at the previously agreed price, saying its market value had risen since the deal was struck last year.

Missy Elliot is suing for breach of contract, for damages, and for her Lambo.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Oh yeah, they were scumbags. A guy had his lambo there for an oil change, saw a new Porsche GT come off a truck, decided to trade in the lambo, and leaves with GT for $450k. (on a side note he got pulled over not 1/4mile from the dealer on north ave lol) He comes back a couple days later and decides he wants to keep the lambo also, they charged him $20k more than they gave him on trade for the lambo and all it did is sit in the lot for 3 days.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
That guy is an idiot.

The Missy Elliott situation though, if it were me, fuck yeah I'm suing. Like Das said, they entered into a contract, and unless it said that the price can be adjusted to market value after the fact, they be boned. They should probably save themselves the hassle and money, and just pony up at the original price.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
That guy is an idiot.

The Missy Elliott situation though, if it were me, fuck yeah I'm suing. Like Das said, they entered into a contract, and unless it said that the price can be adjusted to market value after the fact, they be boned. They should probably save themselves the hassle and money, and just pony up at the original price.

Too late for that now, even if they back down, they are going to have to pay out the ass, and the bad publicity is out there now. :ugh:

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
She's got a case, but she's still one ugly dude. Can she honestly even fit in that Lambo?

missy-elliott.jpg

SpdKilz

Regular
Jun 18, 2009
California
Would be really curious to find the actual lawsuit filing of this. I feel like there has to be more going on in the contract than what is being said in those little news blips. If it really was a straight up contract that stated "we will sell you this car for this much and give it to you at this time" then Fox Valley needs to get some smarter people working for them because that is an open/shut case.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Would be really curious to find the actual lawsuit filing of this. I feel like there has to be more going on in the contract than what is being said in those little news blips. If it really was a straight up contract that stated "we will sell you this car for this much and give it to you at this time" then Fox Valley needs to get some smarter people working for them because that is an open/shut case.

Even if it wasn't an open and shut case, how stupid do you have to be to let this go this far? The PR alone isn't worth it. Unless the dealer is clearly in the right I can't see how this plays out to their benefit.

SpdKilz

Regular
Jun 18, 2009
California
Even if it wasn't an open and shut case, how stupid do you have to be to let this go this far? The PR alone isn't worth it. Unless the dealer is clearly in the right I can't see how this plays out to their benefit.

Agreed completely. I doubt whatever they are thinking they could get from her in excess of the original agreement is not nearly worth them being slammed all over the internet now.

And I doubt Missy filed the suit without first threatening to do so - they had ample opportunity no doubt to take a step back and think "this could be bad PR".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info