So my buddy just picked up an Evo X last night...

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
To replace the IX he had stolen a few years ago.

What mods are most people doing first on the X? Pretty much the usual stuff?

I know on his IX he had a downpipe, exhaust and new AMS intercooler, maybe a few other little things... Then there was the rash of thefts around here and they found his car a few days later as just a shell.

Most importantly, is there a TCG discount for parts being bought from AMS? :s00ls:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well, he'll be rest assured nobody is going to steal his X. He'll likely have to replace the timing CHAIN that stretches, the rear diffs blow up for no reason, the ACD will eventually fail, the clutches are good for maybe 30k miles, after he replaces everything on the car he might have a reliable car to drive around. Ohh, and if it hasn't been done, make sure he replaces the spark plugs, they like to release their ceramic insulator and grenade the motor.

BTW, I hate the X's and wouldn't ever suggest someone buy one.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Well, he'll be rest assured nobody is going to steal his X. He'll likely have to replace the timing CHAIN that stretches, the rear diffs blow up for no reason, the ACD will eventually fail, the clutches are good for maybe 30k miles, after he replaces everything on the car he might have a reliable car to drive around. Ohh, and if it hasn't been done, make sure he replaces the spark plugs, they like to release their ceramic insulator and grenade the motor.

Tell me how you really feel. :bowrofl:

He would've likely looked for another IX, but the woman liked the X better and was an automatic so she could drive it occasionally. So Evo X it is.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove

/thread

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008

I am telling you now, tell them not to mod that car. IF the transmission lasts more than 50k miles they're lucky, and it's at least a $5000 rebuild, and even that one will die. They're horrible cars. I think my friend's trans lasted about 12000 miles with bolt-on's and the built trans he paid for lasted about the same or so. It did make it through a track day, but he was only able to get about 6-8 laps before the car went into limp mode because the transmission overheats. Worry not, it's only $2500 to get a cooler for it to solve that issue. Tell them to trade that thing in and wash their hands of it ASAP.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I am telling you now, tell them not to mod that car. IF the transmission lasts more than 50k miles they're lucky, and it's at least a $5000 rebuild, and even that one will die. They're horrible cars. I think my friend's trans lasted about 12000 miles with bolt-on's and the built trans he paid for lasted about the same or so. It did make it through a track day, but he was only able to get about 6-8 laps before the car went into limp mode because the transmission overheats. Worry not, it's only $2500 to get a cooler for it to solve that issue. Tell them to trade that thing in and wash their hands of it ASAP.

Well he better not sell it after making me drive him up there in that shit snow last night. :bowrofl:

I think he's hoping that the woman will like the car and then he can get the GTR he's been dying to buy.....

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well he better not sell it after making me drive him up there in that shit snow last night. :bowrofl:

I think he's hoping that the woman will like the car and then he can get the GTR he's been dying to buy.....

The concept of the car is there, but what Mistu did was try to make a GTR for 1/3 of the price. When you do that you get shit quality. Mitsu knew it was crap because the transmission warranty is like 1/2 of the rest of the cars warranty. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info