AMS Enters The Ford Focus RS Market

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
Didn't want to clog up the other thread.

Focus-RS-Release-Header-Image.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

The proven 2.3L turbo charged EcoBoost 4 cylinder engine produces a stout 350HP stock but with some AMS engineering we plan on seeing what these cars are really capable of. Most importantly we want to see how we can improve its capabilities in drift mode!

Our immediate plans for the AMS Ford Focus RS program are to develop:

AMS Carbon Fiber Intake System
AMS Front Mount Intercooler upgrade (FMIC)
AMS Carbon Fiber Intercooler Piping
AMS 3″ Titanium Exhaust System
AMS 3″ Downpipe

In addition we are already working on a direct bolt-in Garrett GTX series ball bearing turbo upgrade. Wastegate testing is well underway for that program.

Cobb has already successfully flashed the RS ECU with their Accessport so a tuning solution already exists. Finally our friends at Manley are already offering some upgraded engine internals as well so there should be no delay in making BIG power.

It’s a very exciting time here at AMS with so many new and exciting projects coming up. Stay tuned as we plan to take the world by storm with the 2016 Ford Focus RS!

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
They need to make some 2.0 turbo stuff for the Escape... Some company CX racing makes one but I'd much rather trust a place like AMS after seeing their parts on my buddies Evo... I've heard much of the focus stuff works with the Escape with some tweaks.

Edit* I'm thinking of the ST, my bad.... Still would buy parts for my Escape from them if they made them.

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
They need to make some 2.0 turbo stuff for the Escape... Some company CX racing makes one but I'd much rather trust a place like AMS after seeing their parts on my buddies Evo... I've heard much of the focus stuff works with the Escape with some tweaks.

Edit* I'm thinking of the ST, my bad.... Still would buy parts for my Escape from them if they made them.

What I said.. However doubt see that happening..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info