Alrighty kids, time to talk going turbo for me...

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Basically i have been wanting to go GenV and all that stuff... its gonna be a even swap after selling some mods and after all said and done, i figured, hey, why not just demond the m90 system, start over and go turbo?

Sell off all the m90 related things in my sig... piece together a turbo kit, maybe start off non-IC'd or use the m90 inner IC that zzp sells for 300...

trans with 3.69s is already upgraded everything there, so that stays

great news is the rockers are the slp 1.85s with 105# springs, so ive got that on my side.

What all do I need if I want to piece it together a kit, IC'd or non-IC

not sure what turbo to go with... if its possible with the rockers and 3.69s to be in the 12s non-IC'd that would be cool... if its takes the small m90 intercooler then thats ok as well...

I'll worry about big numbers and crazy low times later, just want to know what items I need to purchase/start finding!

Only thing I don't know about with the turbo, is are 3.69s not idea for turbo apps? Like are the gears too close together to spool the turbo??? idk much about them!

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Not to be a debbie downer, but have you ever considered that your car isn't running up to full potential due to a mechanical problem with your motor? If your going to go turbo you reaaaaaaly should have an IC as well. If I recall KJ pieced together his for not too much money.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
the 3.69 will hurt you on the street....1st gear is non existant for me without slicks on the street...i only have 3.29s...you'll be quicker at the track tho if you can hook it....

honestly man, for 2000-3000 you can buy a full used kit and bolt on 400+whp....

hell derek is selling is stattama setup w/ t70 or something with everything for 500+ for like 3k...thats a steal for 6k in parts!

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i've got to agree with the demod thing....

however when you only spend 2500 (ONLY lol), i think theres less of a chance it's going to get demod'd over a trans issue, or break axles every week....

from what it seems, with the average 450whp turbo setup, you need to plan to go through your trans once a year and refresh, and check the drive chain; regardless of what chain you have....

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The reason so many turbo guys demod is because they take a large sum of money and throw a turbo kit at a car that can't handle it and then have no money left over when something breaks. That something is usually the transmission. When that happens they're then forced to either a. incur significantly more expense to have a built transmission installed or b. demod and use that money for a transmission.

So essentially it's the people that do it wrong that end up demoding. It's too easy to bolt on 400hp. You don't see people walking into ZZP asking for a 400whp build without touching the transmission yet you see that all the time with turbo builds.

You've already got the transmission though and as long as you leave yourself a small cushion of money for contingency you'll be fine.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
all the turbo demods seem to be 500+whp... i dont need nor do I want that... all i want is somewhere in the 12s and trapping realatively high... rockers only, no cam!

i'll for sure go IC eventually, just wondering what stuff i need besides all that...

i dont need some crazy turbo either, just the correct turbo for my app and the hp i want...

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Not to be a debbie downer, but have you ever considered that your car isn't running up to full potential due to a mechanical problem with your motor? If your going to go turbo you reaaaaaaly should have an IC as well. If I recall KJ pieced together his for not too much money.

eh, realistically the car would only get down to high 12s as it sits before upgrading to other things

figure i can do mid 12s for less money with easier room to go faster if I want... more about efficiency, ya know?

plus having the car sound like a jet is pretty cool too lol

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Turbo cars are 10x easier to tune.... *cough* do it *cough*

IDK i think you'd be happy with a Gen V setup properly tuned but with the 3.69's i wouldn't expect killer trap speeds or anything, maybe 106-108. If you ran E85 then you can go nuts with your shit and shoot for some 111-112mph trap speeds :pedobear: Then we can use your car to hustle spraying orange tool.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Kev what did you run at GLD?

you dont want to know

i know somethings up cause my traps went down 4mph LOL

and their price was $35 bucks for 3 hours to have NO 60' times... so yea, we didnt know what was going on with the launches... my snow tires weren't hooking

basically just going by the trap speed, something was up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info