Someone here has an old 3800 turbo crossover...

davesgtp

Nov 2, 2017
I know someone here has an old z3, z7 or homemade turbo crossover for a 3800 lying on a shelf collecting dust that's never going to get used again.

If you do.. please let me know, I really need one to finish an old project that's been sitting for a few years. I'm about to pick up another dhp, so I'll be able to tune the car now.. honestly I think all I need now is hotside stuff.

It'll probably be 2 weeks or so until I can afford to buy one, but if you have a crossover or any other hotside parts, please! let me know and we'll work something out.

Thanks guys.

davesgtp

Nov 2, 2017
Bump... Seriously guys I know someone here has one sitting on a shelf for the last 5 years or in a blown up car in their driveway. Let me know, I'm ready to buy one, home made, zzp, whatever. I can't afford a new one ATM, but even if I could, you'd never catch me making another purchase from zzp anyways. Bunch of stuck up assholes there. Spent too much money with them to get treated the way I have by them..anyways I'll stop on the rant now...thanks guys

davesgtp

Nov 2, 2017
mine's attached to one of the mintiest 2001 2dr's youll find if you reaaaallly NEED one. :rofl:

I myself have one of the mintiest 2dr 98 Daytonas.
Zero rust on strut towers, Clean rockers, fuel and brake lines are still silver all the way back.

I wish I could afford something like that, I'm sure your car is really nice, and I'm sure id love it more than my first born child, haha, but unfortunately the reason I'm trying to locate a used one is because I just don't have the money during the winter to buy this stuff new. Really sucks.

And I've tried to make a few, but i failed miserably. I'm not much of a welder, and even my welding machine isn't much of a welder lol(70amp China stick welder).

I could afford a couple hundred bucks MAX to spend on one, or I also have some bad ass nitrous stuff I'd be willing to trade though?!?

Btw thanks guys for finally answering one of my threads... I was wondering if I should just move on to another forum altogether lol. Seems most guys don't wanna deal with the new guy here.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It's just a weird thing for someone to have laying around without the rest of the parts you'd need for a turbo setup anywhere near your price range. I think I was talking to you VIA PM, but might have been someone else, either way, for your price range you can take a stock X-over and have a turbo T-4 flange welded on it at a weld shop. Especially if you do the prep work and all they have to do is weld it on. The most expensive parts for the turbo kits are the hotside parts, mainly the X-over and downpipe since you can use stock manifolds without a problem.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I myself have one of the mintiest 2dr 98 Daytonas.
Zero rust on strut towers, Clean rockers, fuel and brake lines are still silver all the way back.

I wish I could afford something like that, I'm sure your car is really nice, and I'm sure id love it more than my first born child, haha, but unfortunately the reason I'm trying to locate a used one is because I just don't have the money during the winter to buy this stuff new. Really sucks.

And I've tried to make a few, but i failed miserably. I'm not much of a welder, and even my welding machine isn't much of a welder lol(70amp China stick welder).

I could afford a couple hundred bucks MAX to spend on one, or I also have some bad ass nitrous stuff I'd be willing to trade though?!?

Btw thanks guys for finally answering one of my threads... I was wondering if I should just move on to another forum altogether lol. Seems most guys don't wanna deal with the new guy here.

not so much not talking to the new kid, but most have moved on from the platform all together. so no one has spare stuff lyeing around anymore, it has all been sold off or given away. if anyone has it, it on a car, sitting in a garage.

davesgtp

Nov 2, 2017
Figured I'd try here since there's still people posting here. I have posted elseware too. I think I'm probably gonna just sell the stuff I've bought and just put the blower back on. Both of my projects have been built from nothing but used parts. And I've had good luck in the past finding stuff, but you're absolutely right about no one giving a f*** about these cars any more. I just can't afford to turbo this car with new stuff so I should probably just move on, at least till I'm done with school and have a better job to where I can afford it.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Bump... Seriously guys I know someone here has one sitting on a shelf for the last 5 years or in a blown up car in their driveway. Let me know, I'm ready to buy one, home made, zzp, whatever. I can't afford a new one ATM, but even if I could, you'd never catch me making another purchase from zzp anyways. Bunch of stuck up assholes there. Spent too much money with them to get treated the way I have by them..anyways I'll stop on the rant now...thanks guys

This

not to mention, if you're willing to spend a "couple hundred bucks" for one...

just go buy a new Z3 one from zzp :dunno:

DO YOU EVEN READ KJAYYYYYY :rofl:

davesgtp

Nov 2, 2017
I wanted to find a z7 preferably, but if all there was, was a z3 log style (homemade or vendor) for a good price I'd take it. I just hate zzp, they've disrespected me in more ways than one, and have done me kinda dirty a few times.
As for a kit, It is a complete eBay build, that I've been slowly piecing together myself over nearly two years. I had more money back then when I was single and still living at home with my parents. Had much better momentum on parts gathering back then without having many bills. Now I'm engaged, have a lil girl and a place, after having a kid I decided I should go back to school to give me a better chance at being a good provider one day. Which is a good sacrifice for the future, just sucks for my current projects. Well anyways...when I mentioned I'd spend a few hundred bucks on one, that was leaning more towards the z7 side... I will not suck it up and spend another dollar with zzp. Not happening. I'd rather swap a 3100 Na into my car and roll with that. I was just really hoping I could find a used one, because a new z7 Costs more than I make every 2 weeks right now. I've taken your guys advice and posted elsewhere. To no avail, yet.

As for a downpipe, I'm just gonna run a fender exit or just start slowly buying bends and pieces to stuff it down where the normal dp runs. That I'm able to do, I already have a bunch of old 3" band clamps, so that'll help with cost some

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
best bet would be to weld a t4 flange and wastegate perch onto a stock crossover, or pay someone to do that for you, if you can figure out how to weld sort of ok you can make something that will work for cheap, you can buy a cheap ass welder and some exhaust pipe for less than a z7 crossover cost, it will look like shit but get the job done

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
Out the hood would be amusing for sure. Not to be “this” guy. But as probably one of the few people on this forum still dumping money into 3800’s...unless you’ve got a super tiny turbo and plan on running crazy low boost. I’d hold off going turbo.

The first one I had was a 55mm I believe. I’ve built a couple of my own kits. And if you’ve got a MIG and some mandrel bends, it’s definitely not rocket science. I’m an IT Manager by day. And I got through it just fine.

Another thing to keep in mind are the non turbo related costs. Tuning. Fuel system. Trans. Valve train. If you’ve got a running supercharged car, throwing a couple mods at that is going to be much more fun and reliable. My favorite setup was probably over a decade ago. Top swapped, Small cam and IC on a ported m90 with ported exhaust manifolds. Trapped like 108.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Out the hood would be amusing for sure. Not to be “this” guy. But as probably one of the few people on this forum still dumping money into 3800’s...unless you’ve got a super tiny turbo and plan on running crazy low boost. I’d hold off going turbo.

The first one I had was a 55mm I believe. I’ve built a couple of my own kits. And if you’ve got a MIG and some mandrel bends, it’s definitely not rocket science. I’m an IT Manager by day. And I got through it just fine.

Another thing to keep in mind are the non turbo related costs. Tuning. Fuel system. Trans. Valve train. If you’ve got a running supercharged car, throwing a couple mods at that is going to be much more fun and reliable. My favorite setup was probably over a decade ago. Top swapped, Small cam and IC on a ported m90 with ported exhaust manifolds. Trapped like 108.

I typically don't log in on weekends, but I had to here.

No.

I disagree with everything you said.

I trapped more than 108 on a 100% stock everything sans turbo kit and injectors... On 18s full weight. More fun? Nay. No chance. More reliable? I can't say that either.

Fuel system? You're going to need similar fuel mods SC or turbo... Tuning.. Going to need that either way... Trans... That too. All my trans has hard parts wise is an input shaft. Valve train? I have springs out of a tbss someone would have otherwise basically thrown out instead. Other than that.. Stock.

Turbo is best. Turbo is fastest. Turbo is awesomest.

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
That’s cool. Entitled to your opinion. Agree with you that it’s the best of the power adders. I don’t know what all he has for mods. And didn’t want to see him with a broken car he can’t fix especially if it’s only. I have far more money in mine than you do in yours. Just trying to help. I should stop logging in on weekends [emoji106]

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I typically don't log in on weekends, but I had to here.

No.

I disagree with everything you said.

I trapped more than 108 on a 100% stock everything sans turbo kit and injectors... On 18s full weight. More fun? Nay. No chance. More reliable? I can't say that either.

Fuel system? You're going to need similar fuel mods SC or turbo... Tuning.. Going to need that either way... sans... That too. All my trans has hard parts wise is an input shaft. Valve train? I have springs out of a tbss someone would have otherwise basically thrown out instead. Other than that.. Stock.

Turbo is best. Turbo is fastest. Turbo is awesomest.

Your best trap was 113mph. That could easily be 120+ if you stop being a sissy and let me have it for a week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info