Rear Strut Tower rusted

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
^^ :werd: It sucks, but it's really not worth all of the effort. I have a little bit starting on my driver's side tower from ONE WINTER. Last summer both were still 100% clean...I looked a month or so ago and driver's is starting...passenger still clean. Or vice versa, can't remember..

Can't be mad that after 14 years it's just now starting

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
And this is why we need to get rid of emissions and start inspections. All these bombs driving down the road.

fuck. all. of. that.

definitely not. no. no. no. fuck inspections. any enthusiast should be against them. period.

additionally nothing detrimental will happen to these cars while driving at all to other people or their drivers. they are not a "danger" to anyone.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Get all the hacked up piles of shit off the road.

I grew up in an area that had inspections, and never once had issues of not being able to pass. Long as shit is done right and not hacked up. Just because you own a welder and a cut off wheel doesn't mean you can use it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Get all the hacked up piles of shit off the road.

I grew up in an area that had inspections, and never once had issues of not being able to pass. Long as shit is done right and not hacked up. Just because you own a welder and a cut off wheel doesn't mean you can use it.

my car is perfectly safe to drive wherever I want and it isn't hacked up.

with the turbo setup on it and no cat, egr, evap or rear 02, it wouldn't pass an inspection.

fuck inspections.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The point of inspections is safety. It'd be the same way, no codes you're good.

but any inspection would also include a visual inspection to make sure a cat is there. which there hasn't been since 2007.

were the streets surprisingly safer where there were inspections?

did you almost die three times today while driving somewhere because of a rusted car?

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
but any inspection would also include a visual inspection to make sure a cat is there. which there hasn't been since 2007.

I never had cats, and never had an issue.

were the streets surprisingly safer where there were inspections?

More less. Wasn't driving next to cars that had no hoods or fenders, or let alone smashed front ends with tape holding shit down.

did you almost die three times today while driving somewhere because of a rusted car?

Do you not see some of the piles driving around?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Seriously, all the bullshit inspection points I hear about from people on the east coast make me :fu:

NOPE. If that's the case, I'll smile at the emissions testing we have now for the rest of my life.

They just dumped that and nixed the visual inspection on OBD-II cars. So it's the same as Illinois now.

Can't be mad that after 14 years it's just now starting

Uh, yes, yes you can. :rofl: A vehicle shouldn't have integral parts of it's unibody rusting through like this, especially after being exposed to just one winter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info