99 GTP fuel pump

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
i am making a new bucket to go into a plastic LS1 f body fuel tank that is going into a third gen.

@Sleeper - is the entire fuel pump canister assembly (w fuel level sender) for sale? If not i need pictures from the top of the fuel pump.

I need to see how the fuel pump is held in place.

TIA

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
i am not using the top of the w-body on the LS1 plastic fuel tank.

I have a bucket that will fit the tank without the fuel pressure regulator but it showed up with loose fuel pump and it looks like the only thing holding the pump in is the rubber sleeve which has shrunk enough to let the fuel pump go.

So i need to see how the wbody holds the pump down.

Nick

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the OEM pumps usually sit inside a rubber sleeve inside the "middle" of the canister

you have the lower bucket, then there's a middle plastic piece that's spring loaded to the upper hat and it clips intot he lower.
the pump sock/filter keeps it off the bottom, the middle plate holds it down and centered and the rubber sleeve isolates the pump from the midplate to reduce noise...lots of aftermarket pumps are too fat for the OEM molded rubber "ribbed" holder so the kits come with some weak foam rubber sleeve that sucks ass...much better to cut a slot out of the OEM sleeve

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago

i saw that and the fuel pump canister pictured in that thread is not OE and appears to be made Delphi or Airtex.

actually that is why i came on here asking for a picture of an OE 99 GTP fuel pump. i went to a junkyard and all the GTPs i found had aftermarket fuel pumps without the venturi setup. Some of the GTs were stock but others also aftermarket.

Thanks,
Nick

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
there's really no difference between the venturi and non venturi cans

venturi had the float that gets trapped between the outter and inner can and a single black tube to the bottom of the venturi area where it struggles to supply the pump with fuel at low tank levels.

id just keep it at 1/4 or more..... them damn venturies bleed valuable fuel off fom total pump flow and they cant fill the canister fast enough anyways...

far better to flip a second pump over the side of the can towards the rear of the tank and use it to fill the can.....much better than a tiny ass venturi...

i have one in a box somehwere on the shelf but its a non venturi

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info