I need someone to help me with a vacuum problem

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Car is making a sucking noise, can't seem to find where the vacuum leak is.

Could someone on here help me figure it out? I can come to you if you're willing to spend a few minutes going over it with me and help me find what's wrong, idk shit about vacuum stuff. That's something I actually don't remember from auto shop in HS. I hate to ask this here because I hate being picked on about it but I genuinely don't know and I hate asking for help in the first place... :hs:

would be so much appreciated.. I need to take the car for emissions next week :hs:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
you don't have vac leak i'd bet...

pull the engine cover off when you are listening for this noise first off...

vac leaks sound nothing like whatever is happening in that video... your car sounds almost normal to me from what it sounds like in that video.

also pulling 19 at idle sounds about right to me as well.. a vac leak would make your car surge not idle nicely.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
tried that too.

car is throwing a p0171 , that's why i think it's a vac leak. the sound is there too that wasn't before the intake manifold gasket swap.
[MENTION=93]DarkShadow[/MENTION] are you free monday? :s00ls: tuesday? :dunno: have to have it done by thursday or i can't get my registration sticker. :picard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info